My love of eating was the foundation for my love in baking
and this chocolate cake is one of my fave recipes so far. This is a rich
chocolatey double layer cake that tastes great with a glass of cold milk.
The Cake Base:
21/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon coffee powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups warm warm water
1 cup butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 whole eggs
For the chocolate frosting:
1 cup condensed milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl mix the cocoa powder, coffee powder and vanilla into the warm water.
4. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes.
5. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then alternately add the dry and liquid ingredients, making sure you begin and end with the dry ingredients.
6. Pour the batter into two 9 inch greased and lined round cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack.
In a thick saucepan, combine cocoa powder and flour. In a mixing bowl combine all the liquid ingredients, then pour into saucepan. Whisk until well combined. Place the saucepan on low heat and keep whisking the chocolate frosting until the frosting becomes thick and of spreading consistency. Blend in butter. Spread between layers and on the cake top and sides.
Makes one 9-inch double layer cake. Prep time 30 minutes. Bake time 30 minutes. Cook time 60-90 for the frosting
Written by cometstail
Cake is a simple and easy dessert recipe, and cupcakes are always a favorite. Try this easy recipe for mini cupcake sandwiches. They are like whoopie pies, but easier because they start with Betty Crocker cake mix. Add food color to make them bright, colorful and fun. After all, dessert is fun food. Get the recipe for Cupcake Poppers at redhot.bettycrocker.com